March into Spring with Fun!
Wheeling CVBlog: March Events
By: Jennifer Materkoski, MA
March into spring by checking out one of the many great events coming up in Wheeling this month. Here is a look at what’s going on:
- Osiris Shrine Circus (March 14): The Osiris Shrine Circus is back for two shows at Wesbanco Arena on Tuesday, March 14 at 4:00 p.m. and 7:30 p.m. The fun family outing includes aerialists, daring stunts, animals and more. Limited tickets are available online, but sales will continue at the box office in the hour preceding each show. Advanced tickets are $18 for adults and $14 for kids
- PBR Professional Bull Riding (March 17-18): The PBR BlueDef Tour brings two hours of bull riding action to Wesbanco Arena on Friday, March 17 and Saturday, March 18. Watch over 50 bulls put the riders to the test on the 70 tons of dirt brought in for the event. Friday’s show starts at 8:00 p.m. and Saturday’s show starts at 7:00 p.m. Tickets are available online starting at $15.
- Art and Irish Ale (March 17): Keep the beer but ditch the St. Patrick’s Day crowds and head to Oglebay Institute’s Celtic-themed beer tasting event on Friday, March 17 at 6:30 p.m. at the Stifel Fine Arts Center. Taste an array of Irish ales, IPAs and stouts while sampling Irish food. Doors open at 6:00 p.m. for guests to browse the current art exhibits. Tickets are $30 for OI members and $35 for non-members. They are available online or by calling 304-242-7700.
- The Illusionists (March 20): The world’s best-selling magi show is coming to Wheeling. The Illusionists Live from Broadway hits the Capitol Theatre stage on Monday, March 20 at 7:30 p.m. Audiences of all ages will enjoy the outrageous and astonishing acts. A pre-show dinner will be offered in the Capitol Ballroom catered by Chef Rocco Basil. Tickets for the show are available online starting at $45. Dinner begins at 5:00 p.m. Tickets are an additional $23 per person.
- Wheeling Polka Festival (March 24-26): Spend the weekend at Oglebay Resort celebrating a weekend of Polish heritage. Enjoy Polka music, indulge in Polish food and browse vendors. Check out more details here.
- Towngate Theatre Presents “George Washington Slept Here” (March 24- March 26): This classic comedy by Moss Hart and George S. Kauffman tells the story of a businessman who tires of city life and buys a dilapidated shack in the country. Show times are Friday, March 24 and Saturday, March 25 at 8:00 p.m., as well as Sunday, March 26 at 3:00 p.m. at Oglebay Institute’s Towngate Theatre. Tickets are $11 for OI members and $12.50 for non-members.